Give examples of the different types of software (drill and practice, tutorial, simulation, instructional games, problem solving, and integrated learning systems) that you could use in your classroom.
There are several different types of software that can be used to help teachers in the classroom. Here is a list with examples:
Drill and practice- Math Manics is a drill and practice software program that I currently use in my classroom to help students learn and remember their math facts. The students work problems and advance based on how well they do.
Tutorial-Imagine Learning is a to tutorial program that I currently use in my classroom. I use this program with my ELL students. It provides them with individualized instruction to help them learn and advance with English. Another tutorial program that I would like to use in my classroom is Kids on the Keyboard. This program helps students learn to type.
Instructional Games- Primarygame.com is a great website for instructional games. It has a variety of games that are appropriate for specific ages. The website allows the students to have fun while learning a variety of topics from math and reading to science and social studies.
Problem solving- Jumpstart 2nd grade is a great program that I can use in the classroom. It is a game that requires the students to use all their skills to solve the problems and advance to the next level. I like it because it doesn't focus on one subject, but uses all.
Integrated Learning Systems-An example of this would be our Pearson Scott Foresman reading program that we currently use. This program provides a variety of educational tools for our school including an online site specific for our reading series. This site provides a wide range of tools for the teacher. It also allows the teacher to set up programs for the students to review or refresh skills.
No comments:
Post a Comment